Microsoft Exchange FAQs
Clear all Exchange queues
The simplest way to clear the Exchange message queues is to download a tool from Microsoft called AQADMCLI
After downloading and launching the program, the command delmsg flags=all may be used to clear the message queues. The program may need to be run several times to ensure all message queues are clear.
Force POP3 connector to retrieve new messages
- Open the Exchange System Manager.
- Navigate to POP3 Connector Manager under Connectors, right click and select Properties.
- Switch to the Scheduling tab.
- Click on the Retrieve Now button.
Recover mailboxes of deleted users
- Check the Exchange Management Console under Recipient Configuration -> Disconnected Mailbox. If the mailbox is there, right click on it and select Connect. Follow the wizard to reconnect the mailbox.
- If the mailbox doesn't appear there, access the Exchange Management Shell. Run the command Get-Mailboxdatabase | Clean-Mailboxdatabase
- The mailbox should now be listed in the Exchange Management Console under Recipient Configuration -> Disconnected Mailbox. Right click on the mailbox and select Connect. Follow the wizard to reconnect the mailbox.
Verified on: Exchange 2010